Benchtops are an imperative part of the medical industry. Therefore, a medical benchtop should be a highly dynamic space that can be used for many years to come. And, of course, one of the best ways to ensure your benchtop’s longevity (and to keep it sterile, obviously!) is to regularly clean the space!
With this in mind, here are a few reasons why you need to stay on top of benchtop cleaning at your medical practice:
- It will fight dangerous bacteria buildup
Top quality wipes – like that of Clinell surface wipes – go a long way to keeping your benchtops clean and sterile. A dirty medical benchtop is the perfect place for bacterial growth, something which can be dangerous for both healthcare professionals and patients alike. By regularly cleaning your benchtops you will be greatly reducing the risk of bacterial growth that could harm anyone present at the medical centre.
- It improves the centre’s aesthetic appearance
Naturally, healthcare professionals and patients alike don’t want to be treated in a dirty medical centre. Nothing says unprofessionalism like a dirty workplace and one that is complete with dirty benchtops, so giving them a proper clean – with the likes of Clinell surface wipes – is a must for medical centres.
Sure, you can conduct irregular maintenance to improve the space’s aesthetic, but regular cleaning is really the best way you can make your practice aesthetically appealing to your staff and your patients. The last thing someone wants to see in the medical world is a dirty benchtop – ensure it is regularly cleaned to make everybody happy!
- It makes work easier
This is a space that is regularly used in the medical industry. Therefore, the last thing you want to be doing is providing ongoing medical treatment using a dirty space (and this includes that of a dirty benchtop). Medical professionals always feel better about going to work in a clean, sanitised environment, and one that they feel comfortable will protect them and their patients from harmful bacteria and cross-contamination, so it can therefore improve the medical centre’s overall efficiency.
How to clean a benchtop with Clinell surface wipes
There is a proper method to clean medical benchtops that goes as follows:
- Clean in an “S” shape: This way you can properly cover the whole surface without worrying about missing a spot. Simply follow an “S” pattern whilst cleaning – this will help you clean 99.99% of germs found on the benchtop.
- Work from top to bottom: This way you will be sure to cover the bench from to bottom to ensure you can grab all the germs found across the surface. What’s more, it’s far more comfortable working this way than bottom to top, which can put quite a lot of strain on the arm.
- Clean until the space is dry: If the space is really quite dirty, be sure to clean until your cloth is dirty, too! This way, you can be sure that you’re not just doing a quick once-over, and that you are actually picking up a lot of the dirt and bacteria present on the counter.
- Allow the bench to air dry: Don’t use an old towel to dry the bench – allow it to air dry! This way won’t run the risk of re-dirtying the bench you just cleaned – plus it simplifies your job, awesome!
- Just the one cloth will do: Because they are highly efficient, with the ability to kill 99.99% of germs found on the benchtop – so simply use the one cloth and you will be fine!